Social Media and SEO
Are you completely overwhelmed by social media?
For most writers, social media marketing is a daunting endeavor—but it doesn't have to be! At its core, social media is all about reaching new readers and building a loyal fan base. It's also a great way to improve your search engine optimization (how you "appear" on Google). As a social media consultant, I'm here to help you identify what types of people you want to reach and show you how to build a following of quality users. I offer step-by-step ideas, from what to post to how to best engage with your following. I can also help you set up ads that are targeted to your specific readership.
I've been involved in social media marketing since 2013, managing various accounts for individuals and organizations. As a professional social media marketer, it's my job to stay current on the latest changes on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. I bring my up-to-date knowledge of these platforms to every social media project, large or small.
Due to limited availability, I currently only offer support services, which include a one-time phone consultation and a comprehensive writeup of a researched and personalized social media (and light SEO) strategy that you can use to strengthen your online platforms. These writeups are tailored to your schedule, outreach goals, and online abilities, and are designed to be manageable and effective given consistent dedication to the strategy.
$150 for an hour-long phone consultation and comprehensive writeup of a researched and personalized SEO and social media strategy for your author platform or organization
$30 for the setup of individual Facebook ads targeted to your desired audience
Quick Tips for Authors on Facebook and Twitter
- Post at least 4 days per week (once per day on Twitter)
- Links, images and videos perform better than text on its own
- Utilize popular hashtags such as #AmWriting or #MondayMotivation, plus trending hashtags when applicable
- Remember that social media is about being social—even if you're posting via an account management system (such as Hootsuite), make sure to log on daily to interact directly with your fans and followers
- Always prioritize your writing over all marketing efforts—you won't have anything to market if you stop writing.